Gael Force - Resources
This section gives some links to organisations and governing bodies in Ireland and Europe. Within these links are resources that cover environment, national grid, technical, policy, wind resource maps and existing wind projects in Ireland.
The links contained under the headings to the left (General Resources, Pre-construction, Construction and Operational) are not exclusive to their sections and can contain information covering all stages of a wind farm project development.
Organisations and Governing Bodies
- Irish Wind Energy Association – www.iwea.com
The IWEA website has a comprehensive amount of information on their website in relation to wind energy in Ireland. At the 2012 Irish Wind Energy Conference, IWEA released an updated document on Best Practice Guidelines for Wind Energy.
- European Wind Energy Association – www.ewea.org
- Eirgrid – Irish Transmission System Operator – www.eirgrid.com
- ESB Networks – Irish Distribution System Operator – www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/home/index.jsp
- Commission for Regulation of Utilities – www.cru.ie
- Dept. of the Environment, Climate and Communications – www.gov.ie
- The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) – www.seai.ie
In particular, the SEAI has an interactive wind resource map of Ireland covering both on-shore and off-shore wind information.
- Health and Safety Authority – www.hsa.ie
- Meitheal Na Gaoithe – The Irish Windfarmers Co-op – www.mnag.ie